Almonds are a delicious food. As delicious as it is to eat, it also has many nutritional benefits. All types of nuts, including peanuts, cashews, cashews, pistachios, have many elements that are beneficial for the body.
But like any other food, there is a certain limit to eating almonds. Eating more almonds than necessary can harm the body. Nutritionist Tasriar Rahman of Mirpur Islami Bank Hospital and Cardiac Center told us about the nutritional value of almonds and its various aspects.
Nutrition of almonds
important in our daily diet. Several public health organizations recommend nuts as part of a healthy diet. Almonds are rich in mono and polyunsaturated fats, protein and dietary fiber that help lower bad cholesterol in the blood and increase good cholesterol. Mainly vitamin E, vitamin B-complex and some other minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron zinc and manganese, copper, selenium are there in almonds.
- Almonds increase the good cholesterol in the heart and blood.
- Helps keep the heart healthy.
- Helps in formation of eyes, skin, bones and teeth.
- Strengthens the digestive process.
- Helps in brain development, improves memory.
- Increases immunity.
- It plays a role in controlling diabetes. Helps in weight loss.
- Prevents various types of fungal and viral infections.
- Helps prevent cancer.
How many almonds can be eaten per day?
Tasriar Rahman said, according to the National Library of Medicine (NLM), a person can eat 30 grams of almonds a day.
What can be the harm of consuming excess nuts?
- Although almonds have many benefits, they can be harmful if consumed in excess. Polyunsaturated fatty acids are mainly omega-6. When omega-6 fatty acids are present in excess, omega-3 fatty acids react and become toxic.
- Omega 6 can cause heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, allergies and asthma if consumed in excess.
- Excess omega-6 fatty acids in the body convert omega-3 fatty acids into anti-inflammatory hormones. As a result, inflammation occurs in the body.
- Almonds produce extra phytic acid in the body. Since the body cannot digest phytic acid directly, digestion is hindered.
- People with kidney and gallbladder problems should avoid walnuts and cashews. Because calcium oxalate present in it can cause kidney stones.
- Nuts are high in calories and can lead to weight gain.
- Almonds, if eaten fried with salt, can increase blood pressure.